Saturday, July 31

In God's Hands

I had a very good friend in college.  I can honestly say she was my best friend.  She was a year behind me.  I graduated, got a full time job, had a little life drama, and didn't make our friendship a priority.  I basically disappeared and lost contact with my best friend.  I know you are asking, "How can that happen?"

It was all me.  I was a terrible friend.  I was at a point in my life when I thought that things other than friendship were important.  I have learned a lot in the past ten years and have regretted my behavior ever since.

For several years I was too embarrassed to contact her.  After many sleepless nights regretting the disintegration of our friendship, I began to try to locate her but didn't have any luck.

Just today a mutual friend of ours contacted me.  I asked our mutual friend if she still kept in touch with my former best friend.  She does and she gave me her email address.

I quickly typed out an email appologizing to my friend.  Without so much as a third read, I sent it off.  Since it was sent I have thought about a million different things I wanted to say and have thought about how I should have worded it differently, but regardless it now sits in her email inbox.

I have put myself out there and let her know how sorry I am.  I pray that she responds and we can mend our friendship, but it is in God's hands now.

Lord,  I have learned so much in my life about friendship.  It has taken me many years, but I have learned that you have to be a good friend to have a good friend.  Please help me to be the type of friend that I would like others to be to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment