Tuesday, June 29

The Golden Rule

I have been struggling a bit with a person that I work with.  This person treats people one way, but expects to be treated another way.  Coming from the school of treat everyone as you want to be treated, I have been struggling with this.

I was treating her the way that she treats others, which is not an un-Christian way.  It is just different than the way I treat people.  I genuinely thought this is how she wanted to be treated.  I was wrong.

Now I am going the kill her with kindness route, although I don't know that this is any more effective.

This is a conundrum for me.  I can't figure this one out.  I don't have any answers, but I know that God not only put this person in my life, but put this particular situation in my life for a reason.

I am trying to view the whole experience from His perspective.

God, please send me guidance.  You created a world where we are not all alike and I know that this is what helps makes the world go 'round.  Help me to learn to effectively deal with people different than myself.   Also, help me to always remember that my way is not the only way or necessarily the best way.

No comments:

Post a Comment