Wednesday, June 23

Lessons from the Playground

I took my son to the playground this afternoon.  The playground is perfect for my 16 month old.  It is fenced in and doesn't have any equipment that is too advanced for him.  He loves to run around and explore.

This afternoon he found the broken handle from the teeter-totter.  He first tried to fix the teeter-totter, but when he realized that he couldn't easily fix it, he decided that he wanted to eat the handle instead.  I told him that he was not allowed to eat the handle.  He continued trying to eat the handle.  At that point, I took the handle from him and removed it from the playground. 

My son had a meltdown.  It was a major, blood-curdling screaming meltdown.  He was no longer interested in anything else at the playground, which was when I decided it was time for us to head home.  We will return to the playground another day.

How many times have I let God know in no uncertain terms what I want?  How many times have I had some type of meltdown when I haven't gotten what I wanted in life?  Too many to count, I am embarrassed to say. 

God knows exactly what is best for me and if I listen to him, I will get the better deal.  Unfortunately because of my stubbornness, most times I have to learn the hard way.  I fight against God and pitch a fit because I am not getting what I want in life.  I need to remember that I don't know best.  My Father is watching out for me and will always lead me down the right path.  It is up to me to listen.

God, I think I know the best path for my life, but You have much greater things in mind.  When things don't go my way, help me remember that Your way is the way I need to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment